Thanks to Hushed Musings for nominating me for this award! Though I have been frequently blogging for over 3 months, I am not that clear about what blog awards are and how they work. Do I get to put on a pretty dress and give an acceptance speech? If so, no worries then. I have been practising my whole life. I would like to thank the Academy for…..
Oh well, let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. As I understand, The Liebster Award is an award of German origins, founded in 2010. It is to encourage up and coming bloggers to discover and support other bloggers and thus, gain more exposure for their blogs. A Nobel, oops, noble endeavour indeed. Also, there is a fun questionnaire thrown in.
Here are the rules:
• Post the award on your blog.
• Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
• Write 11 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
• Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions
Also note that this round of The Liebster award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Okay, on with the questionaire!
11 random facts about me:
1. My big toe is way longer than the rest of my toes, which makes finding the right footwear quite an adventure. I inherited this from my father and till date have never met someone or seen a picture of someone with similar toes.
2. I haven’t watched TV since I was 18, but I always make it a point to watch the Oscars live every year. Which means waking up at 5:30 am where I live.
3. I have been an on-off diarist since the age of 7. My first diary was an office pad.
4. The first film I have ever seen is probably Home Alone.
5. I first fell in love with music when I watched Tom and Jerry’s The Cat Concerto.
6. I have been trying to blog for years. The only blog that ever did well besides this was a movie blog that got one follower. It’s called The Cinema Notebooks, after the influential French film magazine Cahiers du cinema.
7. I am a huge Beatles fan.
8. I am a Kate Bush fanatic.
9. When I was in school, I had participated in an ad jingle competition, which we nearly won. I still remember all the songs we wrote.
10. I can speak three languages. I have been trying to add French to that list for years, but so far I’ve only managed the accent.
11. I have been trying to perfect a Scottish accent, particularly a Glaswegian one, for years. I can manage a little, but it still goes a little Italian sometimes. I’ll never, never give up, though.
Questions Hushed Musings wanted answers to:
1. What is the one thing your parents taught/showed you?
My father taught me to tie ties and shoelaces, as well as the correct method to clean and polish leather mary jane shoes and canvas keds. It was necessary, going to an all-girls private school, but I know so many people who have never learnt to do it the right way, or have not had the need to.
2. If you could tell your 13 year old self 1 thing what would it be?
Read more and write more. Much, much more.
3. What is your favourite time of day?
Before the dawn.(Wink, wink KB fans)
4. What do you remember most about school?
In my last school, where I went for the middle and high school years, I will always remember the reason I first fell in love with it. You were always given a chance to explain yourself, and there was such humanity that there was no chance for bullying.
5. If you could choose to be in any time or place in history what would it be?
England, during the Renaissance, working closely with Shakespeare, collecting all his manuscripts and scraps of writing so that I could silence the critics who doubt his wide-ranging genius once and for all.
6. What would the first thing you would do if you swapped genders for the day?
Start a campaign for educating young men about how to treat women with respect.
7. What is your favourite pastime- why?
Learning music. Because it makes me feel lighter and enriched at the same time.
8. When you have had a good day- how do you like to celebrate?
Watch a film, preferably a comedy.
9. What is your go-to- move when you are sad?
I think you meant movie. I like to watch TV shows actually, either The Mighty Boosh or Black Books.
10. Where is your favourite place in the world?
I have always been obsessed with New Zealand and Australia, and would like to visit someday.
11. Why did you choose your blog’s name?
My blog is named after a book I wanted to write which would have been a collection of semi-humorous, observational essays about different topics.
11 Questions I would like you to answer:
1. What would you do if you knew that the end of the world was only 4 weeks away?
2. What is one step you would like people to take to help protect the environment?
3. What one talent you now possess would you like to exchange for a talent in flying? (By yourself, not a plane)
4. If you could own any animal as a pet, which animal would it be?
5. Which activity of your childhood would you like to do again?
6. If you could be a detective, which historical character would you like as your sidekick?
7. Name the worst song you’ve ever heard.
8. Why did you start your blog?
9. Which of these would you like to start using again – typewriter, telephone, record player?
10. Which real or fictional personality would you like to be?
11. What writing advice would you like to give your fellow bloggers?
This award is just to gain more exposure for upcoming bloggers. While it is perfectly understandable that you may not wish to participate(the effort to get all this done, the fact that there is no actual award etc), it may help you gain more followers and others as well.
Bloggers I nominate: