Trump, others question integrity, credentials of anonymous author

Trump, others question integrity, credentials of anonymous author

Trump, others question integrity, credentials of anonymous author

President Barack Obama on Friday criticized the anonymous author of a New York Times op-ed claiming there's a "quiet resistance" against President Donald Trump in the White House.

"We're going to take a look at what he had, what he gave, what he's talking about, also where he is right now", Trump told reporters Friday.

Asked for his opinion on the identity of the senior administration official who the Times says wrote the piece, Trump says, "I could think of four or five, mostly people that either I don't like or don't respect".

A book by investigative journalist Bob Woodward and an incendiary unsigned article in The New York Times by a senior member of Trump's administration have sparked yet another crisis for the White House, prompting the president to hit back in characteristic style.

Since its publication, the piece has caused many to question who this senior official is, and the speculation has prompted countless officials, now including Hassett, to deny having authored the piece.

"We believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic", the official wrote. They are not doing us a service by actively promoting 90 per cent of the insane stuff that's coming out of the White House and then saying 'Don't worry we are preventing the other 10%,' " he said.

The Times said in a statement that any such investigation would be an abuse of power, and that Trump's "threats. underscore why we must safeguard the identity of the writer of this op-ed".

Ryan said he isn't anxious about President Donald Trump's public threats or inclinations toward shutting down the government in an effort to secure funding for his border wall.

Koreas to hold summit from September 18 to 20
Critics of the most recent negotiation efforts say North Korea has, in the past, said it would end its nuclear program. Kim Il Sung, then 35, delivered a speech and repeatedly cheered on his military and fellow dictator Joseph Stalin.


What is COMCASA? And how will it benefit India?
In 2016, Washington designated India as a "major defence partner", making it easier for the two countries to do arms deals. But U.S. military sales to India have expanded rapidly - going from zero in 2008 to $15 billion this year.


Neymar Picks His 2018/19 Premier League Top 4
A multiple Ligue 1 victor with PSG, Rabiot also has a handful of French global caps to his name. Firmino is being a great guy, his family has given good support to me and Alisson.


He told Fox News: "What they've done is virtually, you know, it's treason, you could call it a lot of things".

"What's unfair, I don't mind when they write a book and they make lies because it gets discredited", Mr Trump said.

The president went on to say the author of the piece will be found.

We should find out who it is because why should we live with somebody in the White House who is really subversive in a sense?

Given that there was very little to be gained by publishing the anonymous article besides increased attention, it's hard to believe the Times didn't see this coming.

Trump's claim, for example, that he would never have used the word "retarded" to describe Attorney General Jeff Sessions was quickly undermined by recordings showing he had used the term several times in the past. He also unleashed on Trump's border wall, lack of emergency response after Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and immigration laws.

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks at a Republican Party fundraiser in Fargo, North Dakota, U.S., September 7, 2018.

Even David Frum, George W. Bush's former "Axis of Evil" speechwriter and a very smart if somewhat doctrinaire "free markets-über alles" conservative, has been looking good by warning grandiloquently about Trump's authoritarianism.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]